About meI am a qualified translator and interpreter (MA in Translation Studies, Theory and Practise of Translation, Specialised Translation, Translation Technologies, Cross-Cultural Marketing Communication at University of Portsmouth UK) working from English into Polish and Polish into English. I also hold a Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (Legal option) awarded by The Chartered Institute of Linguists. I am a member of The Chartered Institute of Linguists and The Institute of Translating and Interpreting. I am also a member of Association of Polish Translators and Interpreters. I have also completed a Freelance and Feature Writing course offered by the London School of Journalism.
I also specialise in community interpreting and I work in courts, prisons, tribunals and probation offices. I was working on a large project for The Department of European Languages and Culture at the EU, geared towards promotion of language learning among the adult population.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND COURSES
• BA (Hons) in International Sciences/Social Sciences/International Trade/International Law with
specialisation in European Politics
• Advanced Medical Interpreting Course
• Trained English Language Promoter
• International Certificate in English awarded by Frankfurt University
• CPD English Legal System ITI
• CPD Insurance and Contracts- Legal terminology ITI
• Code of Conduct and Ethics for Translators and Interpreters by ITI
• The translation techniques webinar by Gladys Matthews from the University of Pensylvania
• A course of Polish language stylistics for translators and copywriters by Interpersonal
• Translation in Construction Industry by Interpersonal
• Interpreting for the BBC One Show August 2013